The project drawings are nearly complete at this point. The little Cape Cod is set to be transformed into a Modern home. As a homage to the existing house, the base of the new house will be cement lap board painted white. The upper level will be a corrugated metal siding. Adjacent to some of the windows will be brightly colored panels.
Some of the sustainable strategies to be used are:
- Photovoltaic Panels (roof mounted)
- Solar Hot Water System
- Vertical Axis Wind Turbine (pending City approval)
- Green Roof
- Energy efficient envelope
- Recycling and reuse of materials
- Energy Star appliances and water saving fixtures
- Healthy materials and indoor air quality
- Will meet Minnesota GreenStar Guidelines
Schedule: We are on track to begin construction mid-December.